McLane Technology Partners Pre-Apprenticeship
Our program is available for partnership with Registered Apprenticeship Programs. Once implemented, it will allow participants to develop the skills needed to succeed in the information technology field.
- Gain a competitive edge as you begin your career in the information technology industry
- Determine if this field of study fits your desire and passion
- Classes range from 4 weeks to 16 weeks of intensive training
- Learn from industry proven instructors
- Sessions are held in training facilities conveniently located in Central Texas
- Completion of the Pre-Apprenticeship Program will prepare students for an approved Apprenticeship Program
- Receive the highest quality of self-improvement, cyber security, management, supply chain, information technology training through hands-on, lecture, and labs
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: What are your program subject areas?
Answer: We offer training in five areas – one work/life skills program applicable for everyone and four subject-specific areas to prepare for an apprenticeship. The following Pre-Apprenticeship Programs are available for partnership with Registered Apprenticeship Programs:
- Help Desk Support Technician
- Information Security Professional
- Project Management Professional
- Supply Chain Management
Question: How many days per week do I attend training?
Answer: The training is from 4 weeks to 16 weeks and students attend training 4 days per week, 8 hours per day
Question: Do I have to purchase books?
Answer: Training material will be provided
Question: Can I attend the program if I did not graduate high school?
Answer: Students who did not graduate high school but have received a GED can participate in the program
Question: Am I guaranteed a job after successful completion of the program?
Answer: No. It makes you eligible for an approved Apprenticeship Program or in some cases employer may bring you on in an entry level position
Procedures for completing application to enroll into the Information Technology Pre-Apprenticeship Program.
Open Enrollment: Year-round enrollment.
Service Areas: Within 50 miles of training site.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Must have a high school diploma or GED
A valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
MTPis located at 4001 Central Pointe Parkway, Suite 400, Temple, Texas 76504. Classes are 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday. Pre-Apprenticeship training is Monday – Thursday. For more information on MTP’s training courses, contact Sammie Hodges at email@example.com or call 254.771.6233.