Help Desk Support Technician
PRE-APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM Overview
McLane Technology Partners (MTP) Help Desk Support Technician Pre-Apprenticeship Program is designed to equip entry-level workers for Registered Apprenticeship programs. MTP’s Helpdesk Support Pre-Apprenticeship Program supports the development of a skilled and diverse workforce. Our programs have the flexibility to meet the needs of our students and employers.
Help Desk Support Technicians must possess both hard and soft skills to ensure a strong technical understanding as well as communicating clearly with others. As a vital part of organizational IT staff, Help Desk Support Technicians keep the technology functioning to help businesses perform their daily operations. This training allows students to learn the basics of software installation, networking, and troubleshooting. Students will also learn communication skills to help perform their job at a high efficiency level.
What you will learn?
- Hard Skills
- Proven techniques for improving on-site customer interaction
- How service level agreements impact workflow and prioritization of requests
- Seven key steps for effective root cause analysis
- The ITIL processes of incident, change, release, asset, and configuration management
- An overview of security management and knowledge management
- Diagnosing and solving computer issues
- Installing and training end users on new technology
- Providing remote technical support over the phone or internet
- Backing up and restoring data files
- Repairing hardware and configuring software to maintain operating systems
- Essential time management and problem-solving skills
- Effective strategies for managing difficult customers
- Soft Skills
- Understand your natural tendencies when communicating with others
- Identify and adapt to stakeholder communication needs based on their role and preferences
- Communicate effectively using various communication mediums and methods
- Apply influence techniques to achieve specific goals
- Plan for a win-win negotiation
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings
Who should attend?
- Those preparing to enter the Help Desk Support Technician career field
- Those with an educational background in information technology area
Open Enrollment: Year-round enrollment
Service Areas: Within 50 miles of training site
- Applicants must be 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a driver’s license with reliable transportation
About McLane Technology Partners
McLane Technology Partners (MTP) is an innovative technology solutions provider built on over a century of leadership and service. MTP is known for experience in delivering efficiency through technology — the McLane dedication to quality sets the company apart from others. MTP provides reliable and affordable technology solutions and offers customized training programs to fit your organization’s needs. Classes are conducted at our campus in Temple, Texas, as well as locations worldwide.
MTP is located at 4001 Central Pointe Parkway, Suite 400, Temple, Texas 76504. Classes are 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday. Pre-Apprenticeship training is Monday – Thursday. For more information on MTP’s training courses, contact Sammie Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 254.771.6233.